What To Do In Eugene, OR During World Athletic Championships
10 Ways to Make the Most of Your Time in Eugene, Oregon
Eugene Nike Store + Eugene Running Company | Even though Nike is now headquartered in Portland, you can still see large collections of TrackTown USA memorabilia.
Hayward Hall | Near the track hosting WAC22 is a hall with an interactive exhibit of Bill Bowerman’s (founder of Nike) workshop.
Animal House Tour | Remember the cult-classic film Animal House? Though campus has changed since the filming you can still visit many of the filming locations at the University of Oregon. Check out this guide to find all the spots!
- Visit Museums | as the second largest city in Oregon, they host quite a few arts and history museums to add a bit of classical tourism to your sports trip.
Raptor Center |Want to get to know some of the Oregon wildlife? The raptor center hosts wildlife rehabilitation and host many educational events and is home to one of the largest collections of native raptors!
Shop Like a Local | The Saturday Market (only open on Saturdays) and 5th Street Public Market give you a full shopping experience. The Saturday Market http://eugenesaturdaymarket.org/is a farmers market where you can find local goods and fresh fruits and veg while 5th Street is a premier shopping destination.
- Breweries | Oregon is known for its beer and brewery culture. We recommend Ninkasi Brewing as they use local ingredients and flavors for their brews and are known for their sustainability initiatives!
- Wine | Willamette Valley is home to many vineyards and it would be remiss to not sample the many wines local to the region. We suggest trying Civic Wines + Winery as they mix native Oregonian elements with biodynamic principles and a space that focuses on community.
- Farm to Fork There are so many wonderful restaurants in Eugene but if you’re new to the area we recommend trying a “farm to fork” restaurant to really get a local taste! Lion and Owl and Marché are two great locals to try.
- Get Outdoors! There are many parks within Eugene but we recommend taking a day trip to see the coast or cascades (both if you have time!) to see the natural beauty that Oregon is famous for!
Need help deciding what to do or how to make the most of our trip to Oregon for the World Athletic Championships? Check out our Day Trips from Eugene or reach out to email@example.com and we can help organize tours and day trips for you and your group! We are also offering shuttles and private transportation by the day to and from the championships.